Send your resume and cover letter to the contact listed in the posting.
Like to share? Use these icons and share this posting with others.
Email this job posting to a friend
|Job Title:||QA/QC ManagerApply Now|
|Location:||Brennan Paving and Construction Ltd.|
|Date Posted:||Jan 14th 2013|
|Reporting To:||Construction Manager|
This role consists to plan, implement and coordinate the Project Quality Management activities within the Southern Ontario Civil Operations.
- Directly responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of Millerís Project Quality Plan and Quality management procedures in conjunction with the Heavy Civil Operations project staff and subcontractors;
- Provide the necessary back-up to the Project Manager regarding contractual issues relating to Quality;
- Support the Project Manager in leasing with the Client about all the Quality matters and contract requirements;
- Plan and allocate Quality Functions to the various areas of the project;
- Coordinate the preparation of the Project Construction Quality Plan, Quality Control Plans and Project Quality Procedures which guarantee compliance with contractual requirements;
- Provide formal systems and procedures to maintain controlled practices throughout the quality organization;
- Perform Quality Induction activities within the various areas of the Project;
- Provide adequate facilities and trained personnel capable of producing quality assurance/services to the required standards;
- Plan Internal Project Auditing activities;
- Identify and record any quality problems;
- Initialize quality training; Initiate actions to prevent occurrence of non-conformances;
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions though designated channels; Verify implementation of solutions;
- Control further processing of non-conforming product or service until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected;
- Interface with those responsible for inspection and control activities (for materials and relevant suppliers);
- Coordinate and supervise all the Quality Control activities (mainly regarding construction and Subcontractor activities);
- Assess the Quality Control Plans of sub-contractors and identify any necessary corrective measures;
- Support the Project Manager in preparation of monthly report;
- Provide periodical analysis of project date (NCs-Non Conformity, complaints and lesson learned);
- Initiate and promote all necessary corrective actions for any failure identified;
- Completed Post-Secondary Education C.E.T. or Civil
- A minimum of 7 years of Industrial QA experience including exposure to large construction projects;
- Have excellent communication skills, oral and written;
- Have excellent solving skills and proven analytical abilities;
- Highly motivated, self managed and get things done right the first time;
Interested applicants are requested to apply to Rhonda Barry in Human Resources no later than Mar 15th 2013.