Send your resume and cover letter to the contact listed in the posting.
Like to share? Use these icons and share this posting with others.
Email this job posting to a friend
|Job Title:||Bridge ForemanApply Now|
|Location:||Brennan Paving and Construction Ltd.|
|Date Posted:||Mar 5th 2013|
- Responsibilities include planning, scheduling, coordinating, inspecting, assigning, and supervising the work of crews engaged in bridge construction and repair throughout Southern Ontario. In accordance with established policies and work commitments, the incumbent exercises independence in determining work priorities. Responsibilities include providing technical advice to subordinates, making recommendations for crew discipline, monitoring employee training, approving overtime, and ensuring adherence to established safety standards. Incumbents check and complete daily reports which include cost sheets, time sheets, and work progress reports.
- Supervision is received through verbal discussions and through plans, work orders, blueprints, sketches, and so on. Work in progress may be checked by a superior to ensure compliance with established schedules and standards.
- Coordinates, assigns, and supervises the work of their respective crews engaged in bridge construction and repair. Assists subordinates in solving problems that arise during work projects.
- Ensures that adequate materials, equipment, and tools are available for projects, and that equipment is operating properly.
- Ensures employee adherence to appropriate safety precautions and regulations.
- Checks and completes applicable daily reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in bridge construction and repair
- Considerable knowledge of the relevant occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to plan, schedule, assign, and supervise the work of subordinates
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions, and to work from plans and specifications
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain simple records
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform manual labour
- Grade 12, plus an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in bridge work, including demonstrated supervisory ability
- Valid Driver License and Clean Drivers Abstract
- Previous experience working in a union environment
Interested applicants are requested to apply to Human Resources no later than Mar 30th 2013.