Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCB) Management
As the largest handler of PCB waste in Manitoba, Miller ensures that all activities involved with the handling, storage, treatment and disposal of PCB waste and residue products are consistent with the protection of public health and environmental quality.
Our Winnipeg Service Centre operates a licensed PCB storage facility which allows us to efficiently remove PCB material from customer sites and quickly respond to their needs.
Our technical staff are trained in the handling, packaging, and transport of all types of PCB contaminated material such as transformers, ballasts, capacitors, oil, paint, concrete and debris.
Miller will provide the following PCB management services:
- act as a liaison between our customer and all regulatory agencies (Federal and Provincial) to ensure that all questions and concerns are properly answered and addressed,
- aid in the documentation and summarization of all PCB materials that will be prepared for offsite management,
- label all PCB items in accordance with TDG, WHMIS, and federal requirements,
- prepare manifest documentation,
- load packaged PCB material onto specially equipped transport vehicles with the appropriate placards,
- transport all PCB material to a Federally approved PCB receiving and/or disposal facility,
- provide Certificates of Destruction for all materials managed through this program